Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Aoi Hana on Crunchyroll!

Yay!! ^^ Aoi Hana's up for simulcast on Crunchyroll!! At 3:00 p.m. EDT today, episode 1 of Aoi Hana will begin streaming subbed for people who have a Crunchyroll anime membership. I joined Crunchyroll an hour ago just for this show. I couldn't wait several days for the episode to be available for free streaming!! @_@

Episode 1 of Aoi Hana is so close...1 hour and 3 minutes as of now. But I'm really glad it's on Crunchyroll because that means that A) more people will be exposed to it, B) a subbed version will be available each week a.s.a.p., instead of my having to wait for a fansubbing group's potentialy irregular release schedule, and C) I know that the subbing and picture quality will be good. (None of those irritating dancing karaoke fonts during the theme song. A note to fansubbers: I don't watch subtitled anime to see fancy decorative lettering. Most anime fans simply want to see an accurate, smooth translation what is being said- or sung.)

Anyway, it's just over an hour now! ^^

Edit @ 4:05 p.m.- Ack, my mistake! ^^;; Aoi Hana episode 1 is available for free streaming right now- i.e. non-Crunchyroll members can watch it. If you haven't seen it yet and you want to remain a card-carrying member of the yuri fandom, head on over to Crunchyroll and watch Aoi Hana a.s.a.p.! (A gushing review of the first episode will come later today.)

3 comments:

Kaiji said...

Actually, I watched the episode live on a Fuji TV stream. The quality was pretty bad, and it was way too bright to see most of Fumi's blushing, but it was amazing.

Ikuhara really did do the OP, which adds plenty of cool points to this already. The animation is great, the colors are great, some bits are switched around everyone sounds A-OK so far! Sugimoto should be showing up next episode. I can't wait to see if anime Sugimoto is as cool as manga Sugimoto.

Erin said...

It's available to both free users and pay users right now. I just watched it.
I was thrilled to see it on CrunchyRoll because it gives people a legit option for watching it right away (assuming it's available in their region, of course) instead of waiting for it to come out on DVD--not that learning a little patience is a bad thing, either.

I'm not fond of the sort of karaoke fansubbers do either, but I would like to note that being official will not save a translation from mistakes--I noticed several in episode 1 alone. I would still call it good, just not excellent. It's about what I would expect for a simulcast.

Katherine Hanson said...

@ Kaiji- I agree, it was amazing!! ^^ And I'm also looking forward to seeing how Yasuko's coolness carries over into the next episode. :)

@ Erin- Whoops, my mistake! I'll correct it right away. I really hope that Aoi Hana does come out on R1 DVD eventually *crosses fingers*, but having it legitimately simulcast here is fabulous for now.